WinBook Tech Article
For more information visit www.winbookcorp.com
Removing and Reinstalling the Wireless
Card on the WinBook W 8060b notebook
w100 series, reseating, wifi, antenna,
network, nic, 802.11b, 802.11x, 802.11
Tech Article Number:
NOTE: You, the customer, are solely responsible for data security.
WinBook strongly recommends that you perform a backup of all personal
data contained on your system prior to performing this procedure. Warning:
WinBook will NOT be held responsible for any data loss incurred during
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the AC adapter.
- Disconnect all peripherals and carefully turn the unit over.
- Remove the battery by engaging the battery release latch and lifting
the battery out of the bay.
- The wireless network card compartment is located on the bottom side
of the WinBook, directly above the battery compartment.
- Remove the 2 screws from the expansion compartment cover and set
them in a safe place.
- Lift the cover up and away from the notebook.
- You will now see the wireless network card. Carefully remove the
grey antenna wire that is snapped onto the right side of the card.
- Gently push out on the edge clips to release the module, then angle
the card slightly upwards and out from its edge connector slot.
- Place the wireless card back into the computer by holding the card
with its edge connector toward the edge connector slot of the compartment.
In order to help you orient the card, the edge connector has been made
with two unequal-length sections. You will only be able to insert the
card in one direction.
- Holding the card at a shallow angle, insert the edge connector into
the slot. When the card is fully inserted, the edge connector should
not be visible.
- Press the card downward until it is flat. You should hear an audible
click as the latches of the connector secure the card in place.
- Gently connect the antenna back onto the wireless card at the same
place it was connected before.
- Once the module is properly seated, you can replace the cover on
this compartment. The holes in the cover should align with the screw
holes in the system case.
- Replace and tighten the compartment cover screws.
- Re-insert the battery by angling it into the bay. Gently press down
on the battery until an audible click indicates that the latch has been
- Turn the unit right side up. Connect your power cord if desired,
and restart the computer.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have noticed any problems
with this tech article, or if you feel that something is not clear enough,
please E-mail our Technical Support department by clicking on the link
below. Please include the Technical Article Number and the specific area
that you feel is inaccurate. Thank you.
WinBook Tech Article Feedback
Disclaimer: This information is being provided to you as a service
from the Technical Support Department of WinBook Computers. It is intended
to assist you in the resolution of your technical problems or questions.
If you feel uncomfortable implementing any of the information or suggestions
contained herein then you should e-mail the WinBook Technical Support
Department. WinBook will not be held responsible for any loss of information,
data or programming as a result of the use of this TechNote.
IPSG. All rights reserved. PowerSpec and WinBook are registered trademarks of Micro Electronics, Inc. Policies