WinBook Tech Article
For more information visit www.winbookcorp.com
N3 Ram Install Guide
n3 ram Install upgrade reseat
Tech Article Number:
NOTE: You, the customer, are solely responsible for data security.
WinBook strongly recommends that you perform a backup of all personal
data contained on your system prior to performing this procedure. Warning:
WinBook will NOT be held responsible for any data loss incurred during
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the AC adapter and remove the
- Disconnect all peripherals and carefully turn the unit over.
- You will see two compartments on the bottom of the unit. The memory
compartment is the larger compartment toward the rear of the unit.
- Remove the 3 screws from the compartment cover and set them in a safe
- Remove the compartment cover by sliding it toward the rear
of the system and then angling it up and out.
- You will now see the RAM slot. If you need to remove a SO-DIMM
module to install a higher capacity module, you can do so by gently
pushing out on the edge clips to release the module. Then angle the
card slightly upward and gently slide it from its edge connector slot.
Store the card in the anti-static bag that contains your
- To install the new memory card, hold the card with its gold edge
connector toward the edge connector slot of the compartment.
In order to help you orient the cards, the edge connector has been
made with two unequal-length sections. You will only be able to
insert the card in one direction.
- Holding the card at a shallow angle, insert the edge connector
into the slot. When the card is fully inserted, the gold edge connector
should not be visible.
- Press the card downward until it is flat. You should hear an audible
click as the latches of the connector secure the card in place.
- Once the module is properly seated, you can replace the cover
on this compartment. Start with the cover slightly to the rear
of the system. Press the cover flat and then slide it into place.
The holes in the cover should align with the screw holes in the
- Replace and tighten the 3 screws.
- Turn the unit over, connect your power cord if desired, and restart
the computer. Your WinBook notebook should automatically register
the new memory. If the memory size indicated during the POST
(Power On Self Test) that appears when you boot does not match
your new memory configuration, retrace the steps of the installation
to be certain that the SO-DIMM modules are properly installed.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have noticed any problems
with this tech article, or if you feel that something is not clear enough,
please E-mail our Technical Support department by clicking on the link
below. Please include the Technical Article Number and the specific area
that you feel is inaccurate. Thank you.
WinBook Tech Article Feedback
Disclaimer: This information is being provided to you as a service
from the Technical Support Department of WinBook Computers. It is intended
to assist you in the resolution of your technical problems or questions.
If you feel uncomfortable implementing any of the information or suggestions
contained herein then you should e-mail the WinBook Technical Support
Department. WinBook will not be held responsible for any loss of information,
data or programming as a result of the use of this TechNote.
IPSG. All rights reserved. PowerSpec and WinBook are registered trademarks of Micro Electronics, Inc. Policies